Non Surgical Nose Job After Nose Grafts

I had two nose jobs, the first one destroyed my nose so I had it corrected after 2 months. However, I still feel that my nose is wider, especially the area between my eyes. I want my nose to look sharper and thinner, and I'm thinking if a non-surgical nose job will do it for me. But since I have two graftings (one is on the bridge and the second on the sides), is it still safe to have the procedure? Will a non-sugical nose job help me or will it affect my nose grafting? Will there be any complications?

Probably not.

+3

From what you stated, it sounds like the bridge is too wide. If it has been a year since your last surgery, the nose will not change much. A non-surgical nose job means adding a "filler" to raise the bridge to make it look thinner. If it is already wide and of normal height then adding fillers won't help.
If the bridge is too low then a filler can be added to make it appear thinner. Remember that this will only last a year unless a permanent filler is used. Your second surgeon should be able to tell you if this is appropriate.

Rhinoplasty revision

+2

2 Months post-rhinoplasty is way too soon to make an assessment for a revision. You really have to give it 6 months to a year to see how much swelling has subsided. I know it is tough to be patient but an old professor of mine would often say "those that went on to have a 3rd or 4th rhinoplasty, often regret it and wish they were back to how they looked after #1 or # 2."

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

There has been a lot of marketing hype about non-surgical rhinoplasty and primarily because you can do some hyaluronic acid filler augmentation of the dorsum of the nose or on the tip if done carefully and precisely. However, these are all temporizing procedures that do not last longer than a year. They are good for giving one the illusion of what a nose can look like if having done a proper operative rhinoplasty.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

All is not hopeless. It sounds as if you need an expert in revision rhinoplasty. Given your description it does not sound like the non-surgical rhinoplasty (injection of filler into your nose) would achieve your goals. Depending on the grafts, the likelihood of infection may be slightly increased by repeated injections around the grafts.

Two months is way too soon for revision surgery. Wait one year from your last surgery, and see an expert in revision rhinoplasty. One of the best in the world is Dean Toriumi in Chicago, Ill. Don't give up, it is not hopeless.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD