Microdermabrasion Treat Acne?

I am 17 years old and really tired of acne; I've been fighting it for the past two and half years. would a Microdermabrasion be safe for me and would it work? if so how many sessions will I need?

It may help.

+1

Microdermabrasion may help you with your acne. Microdermabrasion works by removing the very top layers of the skin and unplugging the pores, which over time and multiple treatments, would work well to decrease acne. This being said, doing microdermabrasion may help and doesn't work for everyone to make acne better. It is, however, a very safe treatment and you really don't have anything to lose by trying it.

If you are willing to try microdermabrasioin, you will have to do multiple treatments - at least 6 or more - and will likely have more success if you add prescription creams to your regimen.

Good luck!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist