Will Lifestyle Lift Tighten Skin Around Mouth and Chin?

I am 74 and have had a Facelift 20 years ago. I need tightening of facial skin around my mouth and chin, but my neck is okay. Will Lifestyle Lift work for skin tightening and deep wrinkles on the mouth and chin area?

Lifestyle Lift Will Not Tighten Skin Around the Mouth

+6

The skin around your mouth will not be tightened by a Lifestyle Lift. You should consider fractionated CO2 laser treatment instead.

I advise you to research Lifestyle Lift before you sign up. Just read the reviews on this website. This is a heavily marketed procedure promoted by the parent company; the marketing is not entirely truthful. It is not a revolutionary procedure, and significant results that will last cannot be achieved in an hour in someone with significant aging changes.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Peri-oral Rejuvenation

+5

Rejuvenation around the mouth usually requires a combination of soft tissue augmentation and skin resurfacing. In our practice it is the rare patient who has a face and neck lift without some attention to the peri-oral region or the area around the mouth. We will use some combination of Radiesse and Perlane for filling along with Phenol for skin resurfacing.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

LSL is a heavily marketed mini lift

+5

A LifeStyle Lift is a type of heavily marketed minilift.

Real facelifts do little for the around the mouth area.  LSL's do far less.

Better methods for rejuvenating around the mouth are replacement of lost volume in the lips, marionette area, and nasolabial folds, along with laser resurfacing.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Laser,Peels or fillers

+3

It seems to me that a skin resurfacing procedure would address your concerns. Either laser (erbium, CO2 ETC...) or a deep peel will be able to tighten the skin and help you with the deep lines. On the other hand fillers could also help with the very deep lines.

One comment about the life style lift that was voiced before in this forum. It seems to me that we have to differentiate between a face lift technique (subcutanous, deep plane, subperiosteal etc...) and a marketing campaign. Surgical techniques are usually well studied, published and depends largely on the skill of the surgeon not on a franchise!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Wrinkles around the mouth

+1
LifeStyle Life is a trademark for a corporation located in Troy Michigan. In general their advertised technique improves jowls and does not improve the skin around the mouth area. Fractionated Co2 laser is best option for wrinkles around the mouth.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Will a facelift tighten skin around the mouth and the chin

+1
 No facelift or lifestyle lift will tighten the skin around the mouth and chin. Remember the skin and muscle tightening is done from in front of the ears, so is important not to look  too pulled, tightened or  have the wind tunneled appearance. Tightening of the skin around the mouth and the chin should be done with another type of treatment such as laser resurfacing or mechanical dermabrasion.
 For many examples of  a comprehensive facelift, please see the link below

Facial Skin Tightening

+1
Thank you for your question. I would suggest Ultherapy for facial skin tightening, not Lifestyle Lift. Ultherapy deposits focused ultrasound energy below the surface of the skin to stimulate the body’s creation of new collagen. As a result, skin will actually begin to lift and tone over time. Collagen is a natural protein that gives skin its youthfulness by keeping it firmed, toned and elastic. Plus, the treatment is completely non-invasive and does not require downtime. I have seen excellent results with the treatment.

Daniel Shapiro, MD