Laser Treatment For Broken Capillaries and A Large Blister Formed and Popped, Leaving a Red Mark?

I had laser treatment to remove broken capillaries around my nose. One on the tip of my nose where a rather large blister formed and popped leaving a red mark. It has been more than 6 weeks and though the blister has somewhat healed it has left a small mark and the tiny broken capillary is a darker red making it quite prominent against the rest of the light skin. I am wondering if and when it will return to normal and what are my options. I was told to put bleaching cream/retin-a on it.

Post Laser Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. Treatment of the nose can take a little longer to heal in some circumstances.  As the vein contracts, the void left may leave a little mark which will be filled in with normal tissue in several months.  The redness will fade over time, perhaps 3-6 months depending on your skin type.  I would avoid any aggressive treatments in the area until healing is complete.  For now, sunscreen is the most important thing and avoiding sun exposure.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser procedures for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist