Will Invisalign Work for Widely Gapped Teeth?

I have quite wide gaps in my teeth. Will Invisalign work even with such wide gaps?

Invisalign is a great, clear way to close gaps!

+1

Your spaces between your teeth are, generally, easy to close with invisalign.  When you close large gaps, the teeth will be moved closer together.  This will create gaps around adjacent teeth.  if you want to avoid this, you will need full invisalign treatment.  It will take about a year to complete. This would be my choice. It is a clear way to correct your spaces between your teeth. It is esthetically more pleasing since you are not looking at mouth full of wires and brackets.  it is more comfortable and less painful.

Another salient feature of invislaign is it is easy to  maintain healthy gums and oral health. Your aligners are removable after eating ,allowing you to brush and floss with  no problem.  Keeping your teeth clean and your gums healthy with traditional braces presents much more of a challenge.  I think invisalign is a win win in your case.  You will need to use your last set of aligners as temporary retainers. Your dentist can advise you on long term retention options.  Hope this was helpful!

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Have your roots checked

+1

Yes, Invisalign will close these gaps. However, what you may not realize is that the roots of the teeth need to be straight up and down, otherwise the spaces will reopen.

We make sure that both the crowns and roots fo the teeth are parallel. That way the spaces won't reopen as readily. Also, we recommend some type of permanent retention to keep the spaces closed. It is easy to close spaces, but it is harder to keep them closed.

Tony Cucalon III DDS
San Francisco Orthodontist

Closing gaps is a great application for Invisalign

+1

One of the more predictable situations for Invisalign is closing gaps.  Unless there are severe rotations as well as gaps, you should consider Invisalign as one of your options.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist