Will Changing my Diet Make Me Look Younger?

Is it true that I can change my diet and look younger?

Simple ways to look better

+2

A balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetables, protein, and lots of water every day will only help you look better. In addition, making sure your calorie intake is appropriate so that you stay in an normal weight range will also help.

Whether or not you will look younger depends on a number of factors, but it will certainly keep you healthier, which should be priority number one.

Other simple things that really do work:

• No smoking or nicotine of any kind
  • Adequate, consistent sleep
  • Minimal alcohol
  • Cardiovascular exercise as well as weight training, yoga, or pilates

These are the basics, and they will help anyone look and feel better.

An appropriate diet and exercise are important in...

+2

An appropriate diet and exercise are important in keeping you healthy. The amount of improvement that is visualized is not expected, however, to be significant.

Sun exposure of the past decades is the biggest culprit. Dry skin can improve if there were a fat or some vitamin diet deficiency, but fine lines and brown spots would need medical or laser treatment. A diet rich in antioxidants may improve the condition of the skin when used long term but lines probably will not vanish.

Ronald Shelton, MD