Will Buttocks Return to Their Original Shape After Implant Removal?

I had buttock implants, but I had problems with them, where the left one fell out of the muscle and had to be repositioned twice. Around 6 months ago, I had them removed. My right buttock has now returned to normal, but my left one is very empty and flat. Is this damage permanent, or can I still expect it to return to normal in time? Is there anything that can be done for this?

Buttocks shape after implant removal should return to normal

+2

This is nearly impossible to tell over the Internet.

In most instances, it should return to normal with time. However, there are numerous possible causes for why this may not occur.

I would expect that at 6 months most of the scarring has resolved but I would discuss this with your surgeon.

Buttock shape after implant removal

+1

If you have had previous buttock implants which have since been removed, you may need a fat transfer to improve the contour.  There may be a depression or indentation that needs to be filled in, the best way to do that is to remove fat from one area (ex. abdomen) and transfer it to your buttock.  This technique is commonly used to augment the buttock (Brazilian buttock lift), however in your case it can be used to restore your buttock shape to it's "pre-implant" shape.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Butt shape after implant removal

+1

It is possible to have sagging or loose skin after removing a butt implant. The ultimate result depends entirely on the elasticity of your skin and how much your skin and tissue is stretched when the implant was first placed. If you have maintained good elasticity and tissue has not been overstretched it is possible that it may return to its previous condition. This appears to abandon what has happened in one of your buttocks. Your best bet is to be evaluated by plastic surgeon who will be able to determine how much elasticity you have in the other buttock.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Buttock shape after Butt Implant removal

+1

The result you have now is the final result.

The deformity need to be addressed after complete evaluation. the empty, flat buttock is probably back to where it was. If it is more empty then there is fat loss.

The other issue that need to be assessed is the skin.

All that can be improved, probably Fat Transfer or Dermis Fat Graft.

Fat grafting to the buttocks may help

+1

You are 6 months following this procedure; this should be enough time to have an idea regarding the final result. To be safe, you can wait few more months before attempting correction. The only way I see that could help would be fat grafting to the buttock area. It will help to give you more projection and could be adjusted as needed. Good luck!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS