When Can You Go Back to Work After a Full Arm Lift? I Am a Dental Assistant. Thank You.

Arm lift

+1

I tell people it will take 3-6 weeks to feel normal. So plan on 3 weeks to get back to work but you will probably still need to wear a garment at the office

Arm Lift and Time off Work

+1

-Usually, patients that use their arms a lot like you do at work will take at least two weeks off of work postoperatively.  Some patients will take three weeks off.

-It takes weeks for the swelling to go down completely.  Also, if you go back to work too early, you may notice that at the end of the day your arms will hurt and be more swollen.  The results of the operation won't be impacted, but you'll just be sore.

-Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to find our more!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

Recovery from Tummy tuck

+1

A brachioplasty is essentially an upper arm lift. In this procedure, the excess hanging skin and fat in the upper arm is removed. Its the procedure used to correct the common "bat wing" of skin that manifests in patients who have lost a significant amount of weight.   Most of my patients are able to get back to a desk job 5-7 days after surgery.  However, I recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 3-4 weeks.   If an upper trunk lift is involved, I may recommend holding off working out (heavy lifting/strenuous activity) for 5-6 weeks.  

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Activities after brachioplasty

+1

The main problem with healing following brachioplasty is usually in the armpit due to the skin being frequently moist. The positions you would be in could but undue strain on this area and result in wound separation if you return too soon. Three weeks is usually adequate time to take off if healing is proceeding normally. If you can arrange a lighter shedule the first couple of days you are back, that will help.

Patti A. Flint, MD

Going back to work after an arm lift

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

I would think with your type of work that you should wait between 3-4 weeks before going back to work.  I think you will be a little uncomfortable if you go back to work any sooner.

Regards

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon