Wil my Breasts Sag After Removal of 3 Year Old 325ml Silicone Implants?

i Am 30 Years Old..unmarried.. I had gone for my breast silicon implants surgery 3years ago with Nagor implants of 325ml each..I want to remove them now forever coz my breasts look too big & vulgar & i also have terrible back pain due to the heavy implants..will my breasts sag after the removal..i dont want to go for any breast lifts..please suggest me what should i do..?

Removing breast implants

+2

I would disagree or at least put it differently than the other responses so far. 

It has nothing to do with how "loose" your tissues are or what they were at the time of the augmentation or how they've changed. There is an effect related to implants that were too big for the breast (like a foot that's too big for a shoe) and possible things that were done to the breast when the implants were put in. 

In general, breast implants weigh as much as an equivalent volume of breast tissue so they don't act as weights and there is no guarantee that back symptoms are caused by the implants or that they will be relieved by removal. 

Implants are like pillows. They do not lift the breast when they are put in and they don't cause the breast to sag when they are taken out. The breast may appear to be lifted by the forward volume when put in (and adjustment of the lower pole) and they may appear to sag because of the volume loss when they are taken out but they don't actually sag and no one should say that you "need" a lift when implants are taken out or any time. That's a cosmetic choice on your part and it's easier to make after the implants are taken out rather than done at the same time. 

Removing implants can be done with local anesthesia through an inframammary crease incision (a good reason to use that approach to start with) and the result can be assessed within a couple months regarding the desire for a lift procedure. The implants can also be replaced if the wrong decision was made. 

It's a cosmetic choice just as it was to have them put in.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Should I have my implants removed?

+1

After 3 years, your skin has likely stretched too much for any significant shrinking of the skin to occur naturally after removal of the current implants.  My suggestion would be to have a full discussion and consultation with a couple of board certified plastic surgeons prior to making your final decision. Word of caution: to prepare you, you should expect the cost of this next surgery to be far more than the cost of getting the implant put in if it turns out that you need a lift, along with the removal. Hope this helps.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal

+1

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Occasionally, I see patients who just want the implants removed because they don't want the implants "to be a part of them" anymore.  Make sure you think about this and that this is the right thing for you.  It's difficult to say if you need a lift after removal -- no one will know exactly what your breasts will look like after the implants are removed until it is done.  Talk to a well-trained and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and get good advice.

Removing breast implants

+1

It's hard to say what you'll look like without actually seeing you, but you'll most likely need some sort of lift after implant removal to restore the natural shape to your breasts.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Explant and lift

+1

You'll want your breasts to be tightened up by means of a lift technique because your large implants will have stretched out your tissues.  Best wishes

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Breast lift as same time as implant removal

+1

In borderline cases, I have strongly advised my patients to undrego the implant removal and to wait for subsiding of resolution and skin contraction (usually completed by 6 months).

Breast appearance after implant removal

+1

It is difficult to predict how the breasts will look after removal of implants that have been in for more than three years.  You may require a lift.

Breast augmentation

+1

Any lift will denpend on how "loose" your tissue is.  Another words, the elastic property of your skin will impact any decision to do a lift. 

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Will breasts sag after implant removal

+1

That depends on the quality of the breast tissue before the augmentation, whether the breasts were overaugmented, whether or not you became pregnant since the augmentation and howyour tissues stretch in response to the surgery. In other words, without any information about you, I cannot venture a guess.

Mark D. Epstein, MD
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

Breast sagging after implant removal

+1
You can have your implants exchanged for smaller implants or you can have them removed. Depending upon how much excess breast skin there is, you may require some sort of lift procedure. Before getting yourself so determined not to have a lift, you should have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to help allay your fears.

Gary D. Breslow, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon