Wider Nose After Rhinoplasty - Do I Have Bossa Formation? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 2 1/2 months ago. My nose is now wider, and more full in the tip. i am panicked about this. my doctor says its just swollen but how could my nose look this much wider after surgery? there are also alot of inconsistencies- nostril sizes are different, a curve to the nose, etc. please help :(

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

The fullness in your tip is most likely due to residual swelling in the tip area.  It is very common to see this type of swelling after surgery, and you will need to be patient as it will take up to a full year for all swelling and healing to take place.  As far as the asymmetry of the nostrils, this is a situation which may require a revision in the future.  I suggest you follow up with your surgeon.  Good Luck

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wider Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

At this point it seems premature to diagnose your result.  At 2 1/2 months after your rhinoplasty there is too much swelling to assess the final result.  Hang in there and continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Michael Sundine, MD

Wider Nose After Rhinoplasty - Do I Have Bossa Formation?

+1

It would help if you could post better photos. But I must agree with you even at 2+ months post operative that you appear as if minimal changes have occurred. Best to wait at least 6 months than consider a secondary rhinoplasty revision. Sorry. 

2.5 Months after Rhinoplasty and Wide Tip

+1

The tip can be expected to shrink over the next 10 months in most cases, but the other issues may not change a great deal.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bulbous Tip

+1

Hi,

It looks like you still have a bulbous tip and may have an open roof which ccan widen your nose. I doubt this has anything to do with swelling 2.5 months post-op.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Nasal swelling

+1

At 2 months after surgery the nose may in fact be very swollen. This will take up to a year to settle. Be patient.

Wider nose after rhinoplasty

+1

We just can't tell from you photo what the plan or goal of your rhinoplasty was. If you had a hump reduced it is possible that the nose appear wider without an adequate infracture to narrow the bridge. There may well be stiffness in the tip and bridge and the best judgement of the result will be made after six months or longer. Proper planning is very important and can help you have confidence during healing.

Post rhinoplasty swelling.

+1

It takes 1 year for tip swelling to go down so be patient and it will get smaller.