I have wide nostrils and a bulbous tip, what sort of plasty should I be aiming to get? (Photo)

I'm hitting 17 soon and want to start saving for surgery. I've looked into alar base reduction but am not sure whether that would be the correct choice for my nose... I have extreme issues with my appearence because of my nose and would really appreciate the advice.

Rhinoplasty for a bulbous tip and wide nostrils

+1
Without a full face picture, it is difficult to determine exactly what type of rhinoplasty you will need.  In general, options for correcting wide nostrils would entail an alar base reduction.  To correct a bulbous tip, there are a number of ways to improve this including suturing the cartilage closer together, giving the tip more support, and trimming away excess cartilage or soft tissue.  However, these measures are performed taking into account how the nose fits within the framework of your face.  That is why it is very important that you seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, so he or she can assess your face as a whole and determine your rhinoplasty needs.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

I have wide nostrils and a bulbous tip, what sort of plasty should I be aiming to get?

+1
More photos and/or an in-person exam would be necessary to give you the best advice. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He/she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. In general, an alar base reduction along with tip refinement will help with the issues you describe. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1
  I think that an alar base reduction and tip refinement would be beneficial.  I do this type of reduction nose surgery every week.

Wide Nostrils and Bubous Nasal Tip

+1
An alar base reduction would be beneficial but I cannot make any other recommendations with the very limited views of your nose. I need to see a full set of pictures of your nose as described on my website.

+1
It is really hard to give you advice based on the photos you sent.  Yes, you would definitely benefit from a tipplasty, but I can not tell (by the photo) what exactly you would need with the rest of the nose.  Whether you need just the tip or the whole nose would necessitate better photos....front view of the face; side view.