Nostril Reduction Doctor Recommendations

I have a wide nostril and want to get it reduced. Can somebody suggest good doctors who specialises in reducing nostrils and giving nose a natural shape? Any help would we really appreciated.

African American Rhinoplasty

+3

Hi,

Typically wide nostrils are a concern of African Americans and other ethnic patients.

There are many ways to narrow noses, I like to look at the nostril from a vertical and horizontal dimension. This allows me to preserve the shape while reducing the size. My website link below describes my technique developed especially for patients with wide nostrils.

Dr. S

Nostril reduction is a straight forward procedure.

+2

See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and make sure he does natural looking noses to get the best results. This surgery should be discussed in detail with him so your goals are clear to the surgeon.

Nostril reduction doctor recommendations

+2

Hi Mashe,

There are many excellent rhinoplasty surgeons in California.  Consult with a few and then choose your surgeon carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Nostril reduction can be a tricky procedure depending on the shape and size of nostrils

+2

Generally, reduction of the nostrils is done in conjunction with a rhinoplasty to add harmony to the overall tip complex as well as the dorsum or sides of the nose when they are narrowed. However, if you are happy with the appearance of the rest of the nose, you can have a procedure to just reduce the size of the nostrils.

However, reducing the size of the nostrils should be done with consideration of the flaring of the nostrils since over reduction or reattaching them in the wrong position can result in asymmetries or scarring. Sometimes not only does the nostril need to be reduced but also the angulation of the nostril itself needs to be altered to prevent it from being too vertical or too oblique. In either case, I would go to an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in your area such as a facial plastic surgeon or a general plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty procedures. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best techniques for reducing nostril width

+2

Rhinoplasty, including alar base reduction (reducing nostril size), should be individualized to suit your individual face.

Most plastic surgeons are familiar with, and usually perform a technique called a Weir resection for reducing alar flare. However, we often find that patients do better by having the area inside the nostril reduced as well (sill reduction). Done correctly, this allows you to maintain the natural curvature of your nostril while having it reduced.

For more information on alar base reduction, I welcome you to review our blog at rhinoplastyinbeverlyhills, search alar base.

And feel free to let us know if we can be of any further help.

Peyman Solieman, MD

+1

Nostril reduction is a frequent request in ethnic rhinoplasty especially African American. The ASPS website would be a good starting point for qualified board certified plastic surgeons. Consult with 3 - 4 to understand your options. While experience and expertise are musts, the surgeon should also understand your objectives and be able to fulfill them.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Nostril reduction

+1

Nostril reduction is done through multiple different alarplasty techniques whereby small incisions are made at the base of the nostrils and skin is removed. There are multiple different types of this procedure depending upon the preexisting conditions. Look for a surgeon who has performed thousands of rhinoplasties who would be well adept at performing an alarplasty.

Nostril Reduction

+1

If nostril narrowing is appropriate for you, any experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can do this. If only one nostril is wide, it is virtually impossible to reduce one and achieve perfect symmetry.

Nostril reduction

+1

A nostril reduction can be performed to make them smaller, narrower, and reduce the flare of them. A good rhinoplasty surgeon can make them appear very natural.

Nostril reduction (Nasal ala)

+1

I concur with Dr. Rand. This is a relatively straightforward procedure that is commonly performed by surgeons experienced in rhinoplasty. Seek recommendations from your primary care physician and ensure that they are board certified.