Wide Nose, Bulbous. What Do You Recommend? (photo)

my nose is very wide and bulbous- based on my photo how realistic is it that me nose can be reduced and still fit my face

Wide Nose with Bulbous Tip

+2

Your entire nose including the tip should be narrowed. Unfortunately you are smiling in this picture but it appears that the nasal base (the edges of your nostrils) should also be reduced. This way you can achieve a natural result that is natural and proportional to your other facial features.

Wide nose - What is recommended?

+1

Photo is helpful but additional views would allow better evaluation. You might likely benefit from a reduction of the nostril width and refinement of the nasal tip as well as narrowing of the nasal bones. See a surgeon with an interest in Rhinoplasty surgery and he will be able to better guide you.  Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Web reference: http://www.westonsurgery.com

Rhinoplasty question

+1

While the smile makes it difficult to assess the situation well, it is apparent that if you were to come into my practice I would likely offer you a rhinoplasty.  As and aside -I love the smile, it tells me you are a happy person. Happy people are more likely to be happy after surgery and happy with results.  After all, what we all want as plastic surgeons is happy patients.  Now back to the point.  Based on what i see I think you have a favorable nose and face for a rhinoplasty.  I cant tell from the photo but I will bet that a key in your procedure might be to assure proper tip support and positioning - in addition to making narrower as you suggested.

Wide nose can be narrowed with rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi.

The thing to remember is that a small change in the nose can make a very big improvement in the face overall.

Rhinoplasty issue

+1

it would be best for you to go for a consultation to be evaluated and get a realistic plan for a good outcome.

Wide Nose, Bulbous. What Do You Recommend?

+1

Agree that non-smiling photos of the front, side and base of your nose would allow a better evaluation however, the nose would be thinned and nostril flare reduced through Closed Rhinoplasty.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Nasal tip reduction surgery

+1

It is difficult to tell from this single frontal view but an evaluation with a plastic surgeon is necessary to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for a rhinoplasty or nasal tip reduction.  

Would do well with nostril narrowing at same time

+1

Thanks for sending in the picture. Based on the front view alone we would expect that you probably would need alar base reduction (nostril narrowing) in order to really get the result that you want. At the same time, we could deal with refining your tip. I would not necessarily call you a bulbous tip.

Hope that helps.

Peyman Solieman, MD

Wide Nose Rhinoplasty

+1

As has previously been mentioned, the "smiling view" distorts the actual static appearance of the nose.  That having been said, the nose appears to be wide from dorsum to tip and can likely be narrowed in experienced hands.  Most importantly, you should have an in person consultation with an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drprendiville.com/rhinoplasty.html

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for the frontal over exposed photo. Best to be seen in person by a boarded surgeon to discuss the details and your expectations.