Wide Nose when Smiling? (Photos)

Hello! I had septorhinoplasty almost 6 weeks ago. I had a hump reduction, deviated septum that was fixed, and Im pretty sure a small deprojection work was preformed. I didn't have any work to my tip done, so Im assuming its not swollen. I know I still have a lot of swelling and its early on, but the one thing that bothers is me is when I smile my nose seems so much wider than before. Is this normal and due to the swelling? Im worried its going to stay like that permanently. Thank you for your help!

Wide nose when smiling

+2

Iwould recommend you give it some time for the swelling to subside. If necessary after that time a small trip of the base of your nose where you think it is wide could be performed in the office under local anesthesia. Just give it some time for the swelling to subside to make that decision.

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon