Can Rhinoplasty Help My Profile? (photo)

I Have a Very Wide Nose when I Smile and It Looks Pointy on my Profile. I am extremely dissatisfied with my nose (I won't allow anyone to take pictures of me because I am too embarrassed) however, I am only willing to consider rhinoplasty if you think it would TRULY make a difference. Sometimes I look at before and after pictures and they look practically the same. Please let me know if you think it would be worth it for me.

Rhinoplasty and profile

+1

Funny, you are asking about your profile but you show a frontal view. In order to be properly assessed, you would need an exam in person.

Narrowing the lower base of the nose

+1

Because the lower width of the nose is so great the amount of tissue removed would be greater and so should the difference be after surgery. You can assess this for yourself looking in the mirror. In most cases we make that width 32mm. Your width looks like its about 37mm so that would mean surgery would narrow it 5 or 6mm. You would have to decide if that is a true enough difference for you.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Rhinoplasty for pointy profile

+1

A rhinoplasty can accomplish narrowing the tip, reducing the projection of the nose, preventing the tip from drooping  and lengthening upon smiling, and overall narrowing of the nose. An alar-plasty can accomplish narrowing the nostrils. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website for you to try your side profile to give you an idea what can be accomplished.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/widenasal_photos07.html

Can Rhinoplasty Help My Profile?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, there are things that Rhinoplasty could do to improve the appearance of your nose.  The fact that you won't let people take pictures of you because you don't like your nose...seems to answer your own question if Rhinoplasty is indicated.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Rhinoplasty.html

You're an excellent candidate for a tip rhinoplasty!

+1
Based on your description and photo, a rhinoplasty that addresses the tip of your nose alone can help you achieve your goals. A tip-plasty or tip rhinoplasty can help in refining your nasal tip resulting in a narrower and less "pointy" nose.
Thank you for question and photo. Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.drgregpark.com/nose-surgery

Rhinoplasty for a bulbous tip and pointy nose.

+1

A rhinoplasty for your bulbous tips and pointy nose can be done to create a more pleasing balance to your face. I would need to see other views to determine what else we need to be done to your nose. 

Can Rhinoplasty Help My Profile?

+1

Although I do not see a profile view, I do think that a rhinoplasty can elevate your tip and decrease the size of the tip.  The width can be reduced through a series of maneuvers.  I typically perform closed rhinoplasties, and your request is very common.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs HUNDREDs of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php