Wide Nose. Can I Ever Get an Skinny One? (photo)

My nose is huge from the front its flat and has no tip at all. It looks good from the side but not from the front. I'm 18 and its done growing. can I ever get an desired nose? Such as Megan Fox or such? I know thats a little too drastic but I think I would look soo much better and so would my features if I had an skinny nose such as Megan.

Modifying A Large Nose To Become Smaller

+2

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for well taken photos.

Your nose does look large relatively. You are a good candidate for a multifaceted rhinoplasty where your nasal tip is mainly reduced and your alar base and nasal bridge slightly modified.

That being said, it is not possible to have your nose look like Megan Fox's for three main reasons setting limitations:

1. The type of your nasal skin: thick and oily.

2. The anatomy of your nose.

3. Your facial features that are very important.

Hypothetically speaking, if somehow you were able to obtain the exact same nose as Megan Fox's, it will look different on you than on her because your facial beauty and features are not the same as hers.

Therefore, the best fit of a nose preserving your natural looks will provide you with a far more enhancement than having a copy of someone else's nose that only looks good on them because of their facial features.

Please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of corrective surgeries dramatically.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Rhinoplasty

+2

From your posted photos it is clear that your concerns are valid but you will never have a nose like Megan Fox no matter who the surgeon is or what they do. Most of the width is in the lower half of your nose. You can narrow the upper half a bit by infracture to move the nasal bones slightly inward. The lower half is usually thinned by trimming the upper edge of the tip cartilages and maybe the bottom corner of the upper side (lateral) cartilages in your case. Whatever you do to the underlying bone/cartilage structure some of the effect will be diminished by your overlying thick oily skin. If you choose your surgeon carefully and closely follow his/her instructions you should be quite happy with the result.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Bulbous nasal tip. Can it be made smaller?

+2
The problem of the bulbous nasal tip is one that I see quite commonly. It has to deal with the size and shape of the tip cartilages and the thickness of the skin covering. The cartilage can be shaped and trimmed and made thinner but the skin cannot. Looking at your pictures, some nice changes in shape and width could be achieved, but it will never look like Megan Fox's. Her skin and nose are completely different than yours. I suggest a consultation with a nasal specialist who can give you realistic ideas of what changes are possible. Best, Dr D

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose

+1

A wide nose can be made more narrow through the rhinoplasty procedure.  There are multiple techniques that involve suturing the nasal tip cartilages to narrow the tip and possible removal of nasal tip cartilage as well.  Osteotomies will also narrow the nose.  The thick skin that is present will probably not allow an ultra thin nose to occur, but you can certainly expect an improvement.

Rhinoplasty for a 'skinny' nose

+1

My best advice is a consultation with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon.  Only a candid face-to-face discussion between you and your surgeon can determine what can be done with your nose.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for Wide Nose

+1

Your nose can be reduced and definition improved, especially in the tip, but Megan's nose cannot be duplicated because of your thicker skin. Consult with a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty surgery.

Wide nose

+1

you can certainly have significant improvement with rhinoplasty. You should be able to have more shape and narrowing. You will not get Megan Fox's nose because of differences in your skin  and you should not count on that result.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wide Nose. Can I Ever Get an Skinny One?

+1

While your nose can be dramatically thinned at the bone and cartilage levels, the thick skin and weak cartilage would not allow the final outcome to look like Megan's.

Modifications of your nose

+1

Thanks for the post.  While modifications to your nsoe can be accomplished to soften the width of the lower  1/3, you will never have the nose of Megan Fox.  Your tissues are very thick and this plays into the overall results and definition that you  may be looking for but probably can not be successfully achieved to that extent.

Wide Nose. Can I ever get a Skinny One?

+1

Hello Patricia, you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. I advise you to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. Bring a few photos that you like with you so the surgeon gets a good idea of what you are looking to achieve. After a complete examination you will be advised if your expectations are realistic. When you schedule your consult ask the office if they use computer imaging this way you can get a good idea of what your end result will be. Look at the before and after photos and if you are comfortable schedule your procedure. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD