Wide Nose and Hard Upturned Tip After Rhinoplasty?

I'm 3weeks post-op after open rhino many things are making me nervous:a wide and large nose,a hard,lifted&upturned tip,a small hump barely noticeable at the top (I had a hump but not at this place)also humps at the left side of my nose that didn't exist before .. Plz can u tell me if tjose things are normal ,and if they are ,how long should i wait for every single thing to be gone speciay swelling (how long to have an idea of results..I know that it takes 1yr for the final results)thankyou drs:)

Post Rhinoplasty Swelling

+1

Since you are only 3 weeks out after surgery, it is hard to definitively answer your questions.  However, at this point it is hard to tell, since most people still have swelling.  The amount of swelling differs between people usually you can appreciate the overall shape and appearance, but the fine refinements will continue to present themselves up to and beyond 12 months after surgery.  Be patient and always communicate your concerns with your surgeon.

Wide nose and hard upturned tip after rhinoplasty?

+1

After 3 weeks, you will still have a considerable amount of swelling. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after your procedure. It is difficult to provide you with precise advice without an exam. Swelling can influence your result and create the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. Your nose will continue to change over time, and I would recommend waiting and see how you continue to heal. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions you have in the meantime. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com

Nasal aesthetics 3 weeks following rhinoplasty.

+1

At 3 weeks following rhinoplasty there is still considerable swelling in the soft tissues.  As all doctors will tell you healing continues for several months and most will not do revision rhinoplasty until a year or so following the prior surgery.  Some of the issues that you bring up may or may not continue to be a problem several months from now.  Stay in contact with your surgeon and voice your concerns.  Occasionally steroid injections may be indicated this point in the healing process.  Your surgeon will be able to address this if indicated. 

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear Christelle,

thank you for your questions.  Yes, as you stated, full results can't be expected till about a year after surgery.  Some of the basic structure of the nose is visible at 3 weeks, but you should really wait longer to make any decisions.  Some of  those things can be related to swelling, and swelling can also add to tightness that could elevate a tip more than it is after swelling is gone. 

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon