Does a wide bridge limit the amount of tip narrowing that can be done?

I have a wide bridge but I actually like it because it's an ethnic feature and it makes my eyes look wide-set. I don't have a hump and the height is good. But, I have a large, wide, bulbous tip. Can the tip be effectively narrowed without narrowing the bridge? I've heard that aesthetically, the tip should be a little wider than the bridge. Also, I've read that practically, the tip can't be made narrower than the bridge. If I want a refined tip, does that mean my bridge needs to be narrowed too?

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and wide bridge

+1

The Bulbous tip is addressed with a combination of suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilage and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal as well.  Wide nasal bones are narrowed with osteotomies. It's extremely important to make sure the bridge and the tip balance with each other and your facial features for best results. For many examples, please see our extensive rhinoplasty photo  gallery

+1

A wide bridge will limit the aesthetic result if the patient desires for the tip to be more narrow than the bridge.  This is difficult to assess without pictures or an exam.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Wide Bridge and Nasal Tip Width

+1
The nose needs to be symmetric from the nasal bridge to the nasal tip. A wide bridge with a narrow tip or a narrow bridge with a wide tip is not esthetically pleasing. It is impossible to answer whether you should have additional surgery on both the bridge and or tip without examination.

Please consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in nasal surgery.

Best Wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon