Wide Bridge and Bulbous Tip

My nose has a wide bridge and bulbous tip which is droopy and projects making the 3/4 view of the nose look longer. However i have a fairly smooth and short profile therefore i dont want it to be changed much, is it possible to work the front view without affecting the profile much?

Wide Bridge and Bulbous Tip

+1

Yes, Rhinoplasty can be performed to thin the nose and nasal tip eithout changing the dorsal height as viewed on profile.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Rhinoplasty.html

Rhinoplasty for Wide Bridge/Bulbous Tip

+1

Yes, this is a fairly common challenge in certain noses, and the first step is to restore strength to the tip, usually using a septal cartilage columellar strut.  Once adequate strength and projection have been obtained, then refining of the tip cartilages as well as narrowing of the nostrils and bridge can be properly performed.

Web reference: http://www.southfloridarhinoplasty.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for wide nasal bridge

+1

If you move nasal components forward and or backward you affect the profile more. If you move the components toward or away from the midline you affect the frontal view more than the profile. Narrowing the bridge and tip should not have much effect on the profile.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Wide bridge and tip

+1

It is possible to "work" the width without losing height in the profile. Best to be seen in person for a proper evaluation.

Wide Bridge and Bulbous Tip

+1

Yes but best to obtain ONLY IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSs in your city.  I would offer tip rhinoplasty with wedges as the possible p;an. 

Wide Bridge and Bulbous Tip - Rhinoplasty without changing the profile

+1

Thanks for the question.With a single image of this kind little could be commented except yes its possible for most PS to refine the shape of nose according to the wishes of the patient with or without changing the profile.I wish you all the luck in your search.

Web reference: http://www.dubai-aesthetica.com/face/female-nose-job.html

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Expectations from nasal tip surgery

+1

It is possible to just refine the nasal tip.  It would be nice to see a profile view of your nose.  The cartilages that make up the lower third of the nose can be reduced and using suture techniques these cartilages can be refined and narrowed.  Imaging is a good educational tool to help you and your surgeon understand the results your are seeking. 

Creating tip refinement during rhinoplasty without altering profile

+1

It's possible to make minimal changes to your profile during rhinoplasty, but manipulations made to your tip will have result in some changes to your profile as well - especially since you mention you don't like the "droopy" appearance.  By clearly communicating this goal with your surgeon, you should be able to achieve a result you are happy with.  

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip

+1

It is possible to narrow the tip and narrow the bridge and not affect too much of the side profile, but remember the nose is a three-dimensional structure, so there will be some minor changes.Please see the  link below to our bulbous nose rhinoplasty photo gallery

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/boxytip_photos04.html

Rhinoplasty for the wide bridge and bulbous tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the wide bridge and bulbous tip can be done with out changing the profile view or shorten the nose if you choose a very experienced surgeon to do this. Further pictures as described on my website would be of benefit to see your profile view.