Wide Bridge and Bulbous Nose - Causaian Nose? (photo)

I'm currently in my Junior year of high school, & have been saving up thousands for a rhinoplasty. My desired time to undergo the procedure is summer 2014, when I'm transitioning into college. Even though I'm Caucasian. It is utterly disgusting, & I have never seen a nose on another Caucasian like mine. In desperate need of a surgeon who is capable of giving me the very small nose I desire. Please see my pictures, and determine your capability. Please help.

Make Sure Your Rhinoplasty Results Will Meet Your Expectations

+1

While your nose can be made smaller with a rhinoplasty, I think it's important that you take a breath and slow down a bit. Having a nose that you do not like can be a very emotional experience, but surgery needs to be approached intellectually. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can certainly make your nose smaller, but in your question you stated that you wanted a "very small nose". How small your nose can be depends on the thickness of your skin and the strength of your cartilage. If your cartilage is weak and your skin is thick it is likely that you will be able to have a smaller nose but may not be able to have a "very small nose". Even if we could make your nose "very small", it is also important that your nose balances the rest of the feature on your face. A nose that is too small (compared to your eyes, cheeks, lips, chin, and jaw) looks just as bad as one that is too large. I think a really important next step for you would be to make an appointment with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does computer imaging. They would be able to do an accurate assessment of your skin and cartilage and show you what they should be able to accomplish with your nose. This way, if they are not able to do what you would like, you will know this in advance in order to make sure that going ahead with the surgery makes sense . Slow down, do your research, make sure you are going to get what you need, and you will ultimately be happiest. Good luck.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous, wide nose treatment

+1

The concerns you have with your nose are not uncommon at all. There are several rhinoplasty techniques available to address your concerns and create a more narrow, refined nose.

You should research your options and find a surgeon who can create the look you like. Look at before and after galleries to get a sense of the real life results that they're able to achieve.

You can read more about bulbous nose treatments at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Petite nose

+1

Everybody deserves a petite nose irrelevant of their ethnic background.  There is a fine balance between achieving a desirable, smaller nose that looks natural and not disrupt the breathing through it.  A lot of the end result depends on the skin that covers it.  Many surgeons are hesitant to thin out the skin envelope over the cartilage and this leads to unsatisfied patients.  You would benefit from narrowing of your nasal bridge and refining of your nasal tip through an approach which would allow for thinking of the skin envelope.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip and Wide nose bridge

+1

Thank you for providing the different views and different lighting photos.  You are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. The goal would be to refine your nose by narrowing the bridge and refining the tip and better match your nose to your facial features. There are other fine points to the plan of surgery which can be discussed during a personal examination.  You have some time before you plan on having the surgery and it is a good idea to meet with those surgeons who you are interested in to get their opinion and decide what you are most comfortable with.

Ramin Behmand, MD

Wide bridge and bulbous tip

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves narrowing  the wide bridge and narrowing a bulbous tip when necessary.   All of these maneuvers are very routine for an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Examination, consultation, and good rapport with  your surgeon are all important when  view finally decide to perform the surgery.   Computer imaging will also help to understand process visually. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website for you to try out to give yourself an idea  what your new nose may look like.

Thick skin Bulbous wide nose

+1

The limiting factor about narrowing your nose is your thick skin. However, Your nose can be made a lot more narrowed and refined even though you have thick skin. Different techniques should be used to achieve what you want.

David Ellis

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Art of facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wide Bridge and Bulbous Tip

+1

An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can reduce the size of your nose and narrow your bulbous tip. Look at the websites of various surgeons and evaluate their results in noses like yours. Don't get discouraged; over the past 35 years I've seen many Caucasians with noses like yours.

The limits of what can be achieved by rhinoplasty is largely affected by the thickness of the skin.

+1

The photograph of the nose demonstrates will wide bridge and a large tip. The skin covering the nose however appears to be thin which means that a substantial improvement can be accomplished with a rhinoplasty. I would encourage video imaging will make certain plastic surgeon the patient are in search of the same aesthetic outcome.

Wide Bridge and Bulbous Nose

+1

The bridge can be narrowed and the tip can be refined as you would want with a closed rhinoplasty.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tip refinement and nasal size reduction in rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose is certainly not disgusting, but some refinement will give you an improved appearance.  A number of contemporary techniques will allow your nose to become smaller and more refined, while maintaining its strength and structural integrity.  It's important to find an experienced rhinoplasty specialist that can maintain or improve your breathing while improving your appearance.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD