Do Wide Breasts Need Big Implants?

Hi i've seen a couple of different plastic surgeons, am 32dd after having breastfed 3 children, but do not want large implants as don't want to end up massive. Have been told i do not need an uplift. Been told i have wide breasts. Can i have small cc implants and will they fill out my breasts enough?

Big Breasts do NOT need Breast Implants

+2

The inter-phase of Breast Enlargement (IE implants), Breast Lifting (Mastopexy) is filled with confusion, misinformation and urban legends.

Let's simplify all that.
- IF you like the size of your current breasts, the way they fill your (hopefully well fitted) bra, but are unhappy with their sagging, then ALL you would need is a Breast Lift. The type of Breast Lift would depend on the degree of sagging and your surgeon's preference for a certain of several techniques>

- IF you wish your breasts were a bit larger, then you would need a Breast Augmentation. The choice of implants would depend on the amount of breast cover your present breast can afford the implant. This is a decision process you and the surgeon need to go through since there are NO "CC implants" made by any of the implant manufacturers.

- IF you would like to have larger breasts AND have them perkier and more lifted then you would need a Breast Augmentation AND a Lift. 

From your description it sounds like your surgeon does not want to perform a lift on you but you already have DD breasts making "going larger" a bit puzzling. I suggest you see at least one more surgeon before undergoing any surgery to make sure you get what you think you want.

Good Luck.

Breast lift or implants or both

+1

A patient with DDD breasts should have enough breast tissue to support a lift without implants. I am not sure exaclty what you want and it would be helpful to see photos.

Breast lifts vs implants

+1

If you have DD breasts, it is highly unlikely that you don't need a lift because breasts of that size and weight invariably begin to sag under the effect of gravity.  A lift is designed to elevate the nipple and areola and tighten and reshape the breast making it more toned and youthful.  An implant is done to make you bigger.  Sometimes both are indicated.  I'd suggest you see some other surgeons for their advice.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Wide breasts: lift versus implants: SEE VIDEO

+1

SEE VIDEO FOR BEFORE AND AFTER LIFT FOR WIDE BREASTS: I would agree with Dr. Aldea. Consider a breast reduction and/or lift to reposition the ptotic breast mound and reduce the appearance of wide breasts and widely separated nipples.