Wide Alae After Graft?

Hello, I had rhinoplasty a couple of days ago. My doctor said I needed a graft at my alar side wall, because I had a pinched look and he wanted me to have a more triangular base. I know I'm just two days post op ( I have removed the nasal pack though)- but my alae look wayyy wider and wayyy thicker, almost like someone stuck markers up my nostrils:S Does this kind of graft widden the alae? Judging by the pictures below,did I even need this procedure?

Grafts to alae made them wider

+1

You are 2 days after a Rhinoplasty, so you will need to wait for a month or so to see.  Commonsense says that by adding a graft to the sides, of the alae...this would make the area more wide, not less...IMHO.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Three days after your rhinoplasty is far too early to make an assesment of your results. You need to be patient and allow the swelling to subside over the next 4-6 months. At that point you will have a good idea on the surgical result. Discuss the role of the graft with your surgeon so you know exactly what graft he/she used and for what purpose.

Vincent Marin, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

You are still very swollen, you have to be patient. If you removed a dressing your doctor put on, you should see him/her and make sure it is OK to leave off.  The healing/ recovery process is so important to your final result.

Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon