Will Wydase Remove Fat Injections From Lip Lines?

Will wydase remove fat injections that were injected around the lips for the lip lines. I had this done about 3 years ago and the area above my top lip on the right and left outside area are puffy - almost like a swollen bug bite. Is there anything that will decrease the fat in that area. My luck that the fat didn't dissolve in that area.

Wydase and Fat Removel from Lips

+1

Dear Sryan,  Unfortunately Wydase will not dissolve fat the fat that has been transferred into your lips.  One of the advantages of using an HA filler for lips is that it is reversible with Wydase or if you just wait long enough, it will be broken down and absorbed.  With a fat transfer to the lips, once the fat has been successfully transferred and is viable, it is there unless you do something to get rid of it.  The best technique to achieve this is using a microcannula for liposuctioning the fat out.  This is a difficult technique to master and one that you should research the results and experience of the surgeon before agreeing to proceed.  Also, multiple procedures may be required to remove the fat and obtain the aesthetic look you want.  Sometimes after the fat is removed, using an HA filler over the treated area can help achieve a smoother, softer look to the lips.  Hope this helps and good luck.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Fat injections are not a good option for lip lines

+1

Wydase doesn't dissolve fat; it's only able to dissolve hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvéderm and Restylane.

However, If you're unhappy with misplaced fat, microcannula liposuction may be able to improve the situation. I suggest seeing someone in your area with a lot of experience with very small cannulas for liposuction.

This is why I'm not a big fan of using fat for lips, or especially for lip lines. It's not a good option for lip lines. Very precise and long-lasting results can be achieved with predictability with hyaluronic acid fillers. 

Good luck!

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat injections

+1

Wydase (Hyaluronidase) will not be able to dissolve fat, it is used to dissolve hyaluronic acid containing products such as Juvederm and Restylane.  It is difficult to remove fat, sometimes performing a "micro liposuction" technique with small syringes and the fat injection cannulas can help the situation.

Jenifer L. Henderson, MD
Silverdale Facial Plastic Surgeon