Why Do my Cheeks Feel Hard After Perlane?

I had perlane in my cheeks yesterday. I am a little swollen, but my cheeks feel hard. Will that subside? Would I be able to go in the sun after 5 days?

Perlane and swelling

+1

It's not uncommon for you to have some swelling, tenderness, firmness post dermal filler treatment. It can last two weeks and sometimes longer. Follow up with your provider if your symptoms don't subside by then.

Hyaluronic Acid Injection

+1

Hello ~

Findings of firmness after injections with hyaluronic acid products is not entirely uncommon and typically resides within a weeks time. These products are very hydrophilic or water loving, and as the product reaches a physiologic balance in your soft-tissue, it should blend in seamlessly  Any persistent "lumps" warrant an evaluation by your injection specialist.

Kindest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Web reference: http://www.beverlyhillscosmeticsurgeon.com/fillers-injectables.php

Firmness after injections

+1

Greetings~

It is really not uncommon to have swelling after Perlane...sometimes the swelling is only slight and hardly noticeable and other times it can be the opposite extreme with significant swelling, firmness and what appears to be lumpiness. The lumpy feeling or appearance is most often only a result of the needle pokes themselves and not the product.  We advise our patients to use ice for the first 24 hours and avoid massage.  If the firmness and swelling doesn't resolve within 5-7 days then follow up with the office that treated you so they can have a look.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

Perlane post treatment

+1

You should not feel exceptionally firm after injection. If it feels lumpy, I usually tell my patients to massage it a bit to soften it. After a few days you may not be able to do this.

Management of Swelling from Perlane and other hyaluronic acid fillers

+1
Any hardness within 1-2 days of Perlane is most likely due to swelling, which is an intrinsic humectant property of hyaluronic acid fillers such as Perlane, Restylane, or Juvederm. Ice compress, oral Benadryl can be helpful. If the hardness persists beyond 2 weeks, one may consider hyaluronidase to reverse the effect of Perlane.

Web reference: http://www.advanceddermcare.com/Fillers_-_Restylane_etc.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane Side Effects

+1

The hardness may be from swelling after the injections.  If it doesn't resolve in a few days or if you start getting a fever, call your plastic surgeon.  Barring any major problems, you should be able to go out into the sun several hours after Perlane treatments.