Who is a Good Candidate for SmartLipo?

Who is/isn't a good candidate for SmartLipo? What are the limitations? Background: I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis back in 1996. I was told I have a very mild case due to hardly no symptoms & the few lesions I have in the brain have gotten smaller. Can I be a candidate for SmartLipo? I do exercise on a regular basis, so I'm not overweight, and I eat healthy. Thank you for your time.

Good Candidates for Smartlipo

+1

Good Candidates for Smartlipo or Lipo are those patients who have extra fat in specific areas but not loose skin.  If you fat is hanging, then you likely need a surgical procedure such as a tummy tuck.  However, if you fat is just full, then Smartlipo or Lipo is likely a great way to reduce your size.  However, any patient needs to be examined in person to make sure that are a good candidate for a surgical procedure.   Good luck.

Good candidate for SmartLipo

+1

The target groups for Smartlipo are:

1) Patients who wants to revise prior liposuction results

2)  Patients who have one area which needs significant but not major improvement

3) Patients who are younger and more active who desire to avoid the downtime of a traditional liposuction.

4) Patients who seek natural looking results from a local anesthesia or iv sedation procedure.

The procedure is not a replacement for traditional liposuction.  Patients with substantial amount of fat deposits or multiple areas to improve may be better off with traditional liposuction.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

It's really your overall health that determines if you are a good candidate

+1

Your overall health is the most important criteria.

Smokers and diabetics raise more concerns than MS.

Anesthetic considerations may be affected by your medications and may require some adjustments but many of these procedures can be performed under local anesthesia which raises less concern.

In any event, you will likely be asked to seek you primary care physician's evaluation prior to any major surgical procedure to ensure that you are optimized and in the best state of health you can be.