I'm 23, 5'1, & 120 lbs. How much fat do I need for a Brazilian Butt Lift? Do I need to gain more weight? If so, how much?(photo)

Im 23. . 5'1..n 120 lbs. Also I want to get breast implants. . How long do I have to wait for the BA after BBL

+1
My recommendation is that you find an ASPS board certified surgeon in your area who specializes in the BBL, and set up an in person consult. An in person consult with an an ASPS board certified surgeon is the only way to determine the best route for your body and your goals. Just because someone is interested in a Brazilian butt lift does not mean they need to look like Kim Kardashian, although this is a popular request. Instead, work with your surgeon to make sure they know the specific areas you want to add plump.

On some occasions patients who are devoid of the fat cells necessary for the BBL are asked to gain weight. This however is not indicative of survival rate or post-surgical success metrics. I have had certain patients gain weight so that we had enough fat to transfer.

It is all about designing the perfect plan for You.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

-Dr. Constantino Mendieta

BBL

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

I believe that you make a good candidate for the following: Liposuction in the abdomen, waist, upper and lower back with fat grafting in to buttocks. This will get you 80% closer to the wish picture.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1
It is generally not good for your body to purposely gain weight before a cosmetic surgery, but regardless of that it looks like you could already be a good candidate for a BBL. If you are thinking of also having a breast augmentation procedure done, they can be performed at the same time. If you prefer to have them done separately, you need to allow your body to fully recover from the previous surgery before undergoing the next one. This is usually, at minimum, three months. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Weight gain before Brazilian butt lift and breast augmenation?

+1
Based on your photos you look like a great candidate for liposculpture and fat transfer to the buttocks (Brazilian butt lift).  You should not gain weight prior to the procedure as you currently have enough fat  to give you great results. Additionally, weight gain followed by weight loss increases the amount of loose skin you will have. You may not have enough fat to achieve something like the second wish pic, but close to the first may be possible. If that is the case, an implant can be added to give you additional volume. It is difficult to tell you for sure without a physical examination.  A breast augmentation is commonly performed at the same time as a BBL. Many plastic surgeons, including myself, offer complimentary consultations so that we can discuss your options in person after a physical examination.  Best of wishes.

Luis H. Macias, MD

BBL

+1
I disagree with anyone who says to gain weight for surgery.  This is certainly not good for your body as a whole, and shouldn't be recommended just to optimize a cosmetic procedure.  That said, you are still a good candidate for surgery, but you may not be able to get as large an augmentation as the wish photos.  A BBL will give you a great result by sculpting the areas around the buttock to create a pretty "frame", then the fat can be injected into the buttock to give you more fullness and curve.  From your pictures, I think you would have a nice result.  Ideally, the procedures would be separated by 3 months to give time for either breasts or butt to heal, but it can be done together during the same surgery.  It just makes recovery a little bit more difficult and uncomfortable.  Hope this helps.

Kyle Song, MD
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain before BBL

+1
If you want the roundness and the size you are looking for, I would advise you to gain weight. Your shape can definitely be made more round. The size is up to you- if you don't gain weight, you won't have a large buttock. About a third of the fat that is injected into the buttock will die, so remember that when considering this procedure.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

How much fat for a Brazilian butt lift.

+1
I am afraid that you don't have enough fat to transfer to your buttocks to make that surgery worthwhile. If you want your buttocks augmented, you will have to consider implants. Sorry. A breast augmentation could be scheduled as soon as you were comfortable following the first surgery.

John Newkirk, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Do not gain weight for fat transfer surgery

+1
There is no logic in gaining weight for a fat transfer surgery to the buttocks.  Simply get several consults and see how much fat you have available.   There is no set number of grams of fat for a fat transfer.   Each patient is different.   Remember all  a Brazilian butt lift is is fat transferred to the buttocks.   This could be 100 cc or 300cc or whatever.   Brazilian butt lift is a marketing term.  This fat transfer procedure could just as easlif be called the North Dakota butt lift, or the Mexican butt lift, or the Palo Alto butt lift.   All marketing terms.   Do you research and keep asking questions.    My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

BBL

+1
I think that you may have enough for a significant improvement, but you would have to be seen in person to be adequately evalauted.

I'm 23, 5'1, & 120 lbs. How much fat do I need for a Brazilian Butt Lift? Do I need to gain more weight? If so, how much?

+1
   You do not need to gain any weight.  Find an expert surgeon who delivers dramatic results on a regular basis.  You can have the breast augmentation at the same time as the BBL.