It's been about 8 weeks healing nicely but still swollen and not yet comfortable in pants how long will it take?

I am exercising everyday and eat pretty clean!! Getting impatient!! Help!

+2

Swelling following a tummy tuck will last for 3-6 months and is very normal. Some days the swelling will be worse and other days not so bad. Just be patient as there is not much you can do other than garments and massage.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

It's been about 8 weeks healing nicely but still swollen

+2

Every patient's resolution of swelling proceeds at its own unique pace. Although most are reasonably close to a final result by 6 weeks or so. for others it is longer.

Without photos it is hard to offer any specific opinion, other than to confer with your surgeon for reassurance. All the best. 

Post op Tummy Tuck

+2

Hello

At 8 weeks I would normally expect that you look good and feel great.  Sometimes it takes a little longer to completely improve and for the swelling to really settle down.  I think you should see your surgeon, just to ensure that nothing else is going on.  It may be that you have a seroma (collection of fluid) which is contributing to the swelling and uncomfortable feeling.  An ultrasound scan will display this nicely if it is the case.

Regards

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

8 Weeks Post Op Tummy Tuck

+2

Every patient heals at a different rate.  Usually at 8 weeks, the patient is feeling and looking really good.  Continue wearing your garment as instructed by your surgeon.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon so that he can address this swelling concern.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD