White Thick Rubber Like Puss After Using Silicone Strips on Incision?

I had a full TT20 days ago. My PS said everything looked & my incision was healing right along. Last Thurs I started using silicone strips. I still had scabbing. I read blogs where others started using stripsa cpl weeks post op. When taking off the strips today, I noticed a white thick pussing along the incision. It is thick and almost a rubber like puss. The puss is coming from uner the scabs. Does this mean I have an infection? I cleaned it and covered it w gauze for now. Please help.

Drainage from Tummy Tuck Incision?

+1

The drainage that you describe is not necessarily a sign of an infection. This fluid, although it may look like pus, is commonly seen after silicone strips are removed. You may also find that the skin edges are irritated,  further confusing the diagnosis of possible infection.

As always, it is best to follow up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to evaluate your situation.