Will White Marks from Photofacial Laser Fade?

I received a photo facial about four months ago for a Post Inflamatory Hyperpigmentation mark that was on my cheek from exfoliating too hard. This helped it fade quite a bit, but then I noticed some white "zig zag" type line and other white patches on the same side of my face. The person who did it kind of just zapped everywhere. None of my face peeled so they aren't Hypopigmentation marks and they aren't scars the laser just took the pigment out of. Will these uneven marks fade?

Photofacial

+1

They will appear more normal in 3-6 months, but may take a year to repigment. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

These often do fade.

+1

If they don't disappear, then the treatment is to have an appropriately performed fotofacial.  I personally believe that this is a service that should be done by a physician rather than a nurse or a technician which is the practice in some offices.

Will hypopigmentation from a photofacial fade

+1

Most of the time pigmentary changes like hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation that resulted from IPL treatments will fade, but not always.

We warn our patients about avoiding any possible sun exposure for at least a month after IPL because it may result in pigmentation changes.  Some authorities state that sun exposure after IPL should be avoided altogether.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon