White area formed around stitches in my nostril. It hurts when I try to clean the area with a q-tip. Could this be an infection?

I am 3 weeks post septorhinoplasty The white area has only formed around my stitches in one nostril Should I be concerned, or is this kind of thing normal post op?

+1
I would recommend returning to your surgeon for an exam to evaluate you.

Post rhinoplasty recovery

+1
There really should never be anything white coming out of your nose especially around the area of your stitches. I would make an appointment with your surgeon asap to have a direct examination and give a proper diagnosis of the current discharge. You may have a slight reaction in the area of the stitches, an ingrown hair, it may vary but it is always best to see your surgeon frequently to help relieve your mind during this recovery phase.  Do not  clean your own nose with q-tips, leave this to your surgeon. Best regards and wishes for a quick healing. Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD