While on Roaccutane Can I Used Face Wash & Scrub. Will It Not Exfoliate or Damage my Skin?

As i am doing a 5 months course on roaccutane for acne.I have been getting dry lips(a common side effect) .I have been on for the course for 2 months.My acne has cleared up and have no scars!.But i want to do shave,wash my face with scrub & face wash but i am afraid that as roaccutane makes skin dry, it could exfoliate,damaged,scratch,tear,abrasion my skin !could it do that.Plz explain

Washing and scrubbing while on Accutane

+1

First, never should you harshly scrub your face. I advise my patients to clean their faces gently, always, and avoid scrubs, washcloths, sponges, etc., as these are intensely aggravating and make skin much worse, whether you are on Accutane or not. You need to use a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil or Aquanil or Dove, and gently clean your face. Then apply a good moisturizer and sunscreen. Dr. Dan's Cortibalm is available for the lips (online and from pharmacies) - it's few dollars and so great for Accutane patients.