While Driving my Vision Went Blurry After Rhinoplasty?

Ok, so June 28th I had an elective Rhinoplasty. He broke my nose and reshaped my tip and brought my nostrils in slightly. 4 days later I was driving and normally I wear my glasses but didn't. So I had noticed some vision changes in my left eye (mind you I'm 30) and just found out I have cataracts in both eyes! But I freaked called 911 while driving nose started bleeding from panic. Did I ruin my rhinoplasty when plugging my nose to stop bleeding or when will I know if I did?? It looks ok

Nosebleed After Rhinoplasty

+2

Usually a nosebleed will not cause any damage to the results of your rhinoplasty but you should check with your doctor to make sure that no internal damage has occurred. You would know immediately of any external damage resulting.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/nose-jobrhinoplasty-7196

You did not ruin your Rhinoplasty

+2

While I am sure this incident was quite traumatic the end result will be fine. It is not common for the nose to bleed very much four days post operative however with the panic induced and raising of your blood pressure etc this can happen. I would see your surgeon for follow up and I suggest that to any patient after any trauma or unforeseen event post surgery. Better safe then sorry and this will also help put your mind at ease which will enhance your recovery process. Best regards!

Nasal Plugging To Stop Bleeding At 4 Days Post-op

+1

I am sorry that you had to undergo an awful experience possibly leading to nasal bleeding due to panic.

Based on your description, it is not an established fact that if a patient plugs his nose to stop bleeding even at 4 days post-op that he/she did cause damage to the surgery's results.

However, I recommend you to consult with your surgeon who can examine your nose in and out to make sure that everything is sound and safe into place.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com