Nurse Hit Nerve During Botox Injection: Will the Sensation Ever go Away?

I had a botox injection late October. When the Nurse injected between my eye brows I felt something pull on top of my head along with an electrical shock type of sensation. I told her immediately. Whenever I touched in between my eyebrows I will feel the same feeling on top of my head. It's been more than 3 months now and I still feel the same thing when ever I touch my forehead on the top middle part of my forehead. It moved from between eye brows to this new location now. Would ever go away?

Nerve hit during Botox

+1
There are a lot of sensory nerves in the face and yes, what you are describing, a feeling like an electrical pulse from the site up into your head, is exactly what happens when a nerve is affected. I have never seen this be permanent, but I have seen it take up to about 6 months to resolve fully.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Nerve hit during Botox injection

+1
Sometimes when Botox (or any other injectable product) is used on the face, it is possible that a sensory nerve can be hit during the injection.  This does normally cause a electrical type sensation that travels along the course of the nerve.  When this occurs on the forehead, the sensation usually heads towards the top of the head.  There should be no long term issue when this happens although there can be a strange feeling when the area is touched for a period of time.  In my experience, this sensation has always gone away but the time for it to resolve can vary.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon