Which is Better for Tightening the Thighs and Buttocks, ReFirme or Titan?

Tightening?

+2

In my practice I own four different devices used for skin tightening.  Most devices are designed for skin tightening on the face.  The best devices for body skin tightening are tose that use Radio-Frequency and are 'Mono-Polar'.  The only two devices right now are the Exelis and the latest Thermage CPT.  Having used both of them, the Thermage system is by far the most impressive for this.  I have the Refirme device in my office and it is best used as part of a facial skin tightening regimen.

Laser tightening will not work on buttocks or thighs.

+2

The weight and stress on the skin in those areas are too severe for these problem areas. Those treatments will only yield a benefit in less stressed areas like the face. Laser or light or radio-frequency therapy are not the correct 'fix' for difficult problems areas. Diet, exercise, and ultimately surgery will achieve the best improvements. I know that is not as exciting or glamorous as a quick treatment but this is reality. Save your money for better more permanent options. Your best solution is a plastic surgeon.

Good Luck,

Michael J. Brown, MD

Michael J. Brown, MD
Leesburg Plastic Surgeon

ReFirme

+1

Neither. I suggest you try Velashape or Vasershape. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Refirme or titan - How about Neither!

+1

None of these procedures do anything significant ot your skin. It is not worth the time or expense. The best way to tighten loose skin is by good skin care, sunblock, limit wide weight swings and if it gets really bad, consider surgery to lift the skin.

Robert M. Freund, MD