Ask a doctor

Brother Bit Me On My Cheek When I Was 1 Year Old. It is 13 Years Old and Red. How to Remove?

Doctor Answers (2)

Treatment of red scars on the skin


Red scars on the skin can be treated with the pulsed dye laser such as the VBeam. I use this with tremendous success in my patients. 

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 52 reviews

Long term redness of scar


You would need to see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon, but there's a good chance that a vascular laser like Vbeam could reduce the redness. Expect it to take several treatments to gauge how effective it will be for your particular situation.

A vascular laser will "seal" tiny vessels that are close to the skin surface.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist
4.0 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.