When Will Lumps from Evolence Go Away?

Last week, I had the Evolence filler used on the deep furrows between my eyes. Half of the area has a lump that feels firm, and I also had a bit of swelling that is starting to subside. Is there anything that can help get rid of the lumps? How long will I have to wait before they go away?

Evolence

+1

The bumps can take up to 2 weeks to resolve. I would go to your doctor and make sure nothing else is going on, like an infection. If the bumps dont go away in 2 weeks, your doctor can inject the sites with cortisone, which will shrink them.

Chicago Dermatologist

Evolence swelling immediately post procedure is probably normal

+1

Evolence is a dermal filler that replaces lost collagen in the face with natural collagen that is clinically proven to last at least 6 months.

The product is recommended for the correction of moderate to deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as the nasiolabial folds (smile lines), and boasts immediate results with minimal-to-no bleeding, swelling, or bruising.

Evolence differs from other dermal fillers on the market because it is derived from highly purified porcine collagen.

Porcine collagen is a preferred medical grafting substance because it is nearly identical to human collagen. Because of this, Evolence requires no skin test prior to treatment.

The swelling and lumps you're feeling is probably normal, but I would make a follow up appointment with your physician after about a week. Then, he/she can assess you and take the appropriate course of action, if necessary.

Thank you for your question!

Stephen A. Goldstein, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

The lumps should soften

+1

Jand,

Evolence is very soft and should smooth out over a few days. Your lump may be due to swelling or to underlying hematoma (bruise). However, out of all the injectables, Evolence seems to have the least swelling and bruising. If it does not improve within the week, then you should return to your doctor for evaluation.

Dr. David Shafer
Shafer Plastic Surgery
New York City

David Shafer, MD