When Will I See Results from SmartLipo Treatments?

hi, I am 31 years old woman who has 2 kids. I did a smart lipo in the outer thigh because i always used to have a pear shape. I did the lipo one week ago and i knew that the doctor removed 300cc from each part. I am still feeling that my shape is the same, when it will be better and nicer.After how many days i should feel the result of the treated area?

It Takes time

+8

Smart lipo, just like regular lipo takes time to see full results. I usually warn patients that initially they may even look bigger right after a procedure due to the tumescent fluid and swelling. Usually by 2 weeks they can tell that they are smaller but I warn them they are far from maximal or ideal. The majority of the bulk (Fat) disappears during the first 6 weeks but skin tightening and achieving the final shape will take months.

I use 2 months as a follow up to assess overall symmetry and contour and expect that patients will be at around 80% maximal improvement but again warn them that the final point will be closer to 3-4 months or sometimes even longer.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Doctors need patients and Patients need patience!

+6

At one week the amount of swelling is almost as much as the amount removed.  But by two weeks, the swelling should really start to subside, and by a month patients will usually see a big difference.  But hold judgement for at least three months, as swelling will not resolve for at least that long.

Steven Teitelbaum, MD

Most patients see roughly 80% of their result form SmartLipo after 8 weeks

+3

You're not seeing results after SmartLipo because swelling from the procedure is obscuring the improvement.  This swelling goes away at a different rate in everybody, but in general, I see that most patients will see about 80% of their final result after 8 weeks.  It can take up to 6 months to see the true final result.  

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

The Waiting Game

+1

Thank you for your question.  I can tell you that impatience to see results is one of the biggest complaints that I hear from patients.  They want to look good, and they want to look good yesterday!  Without seeing photos or knowing any additional details from your case, I can tell you that generally, most patients are still very swollen the first two weeks immediately following their procedure.  You can expect to see your final results at 6 months to one year out.  The best way to judge your results is by asking your doctor for your before and after photos.  I find that most patients forget what they originally started out with, and are often surprised at the changes they see in their bodies. 

Mytien Goldberg, MD

Results from Smartlipo

+1

After any liposuction procedure there is a time period (usually a few weeks) when you will have swelling.  This swelling will go away.  As for your specific case, 300 cc is a good amount for a thin person but a drop in the bucket for a larger person.  So, without pictures, it is difficult to comment specifically on your case.  Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD