When Will Reloxin or Dysport Be Available in the US?

Is Dysport Available

+1

Dysport has been available in Europe for well over a decade. It became available in the U.S. in 2009 and has been used extensively since.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport availability

+1

Dysport is available now int he US and is a great alternative to Botox. In fact, it may work sooner than Botox.

Dysport has been available since April of 2009

+1

Dysport has been available since April of 2009. But has been used in other countries for much longer and has a proven safety record.  I have been using this in my office since April of 2009 as well.  General differences are that Dysport acts quicker getting max affects in around 4-5 days, while botox takes about a 1 1/2 -2 weeks.  They generally last about the same time around 3-4 months. Although Dysport has been approved by the FDA to last 4 months and Botox 3 months, I feel they are about the same.  Dysport seems to spread a little more and give more of a generally larger effect for each shot given than Botox.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Dysport or Reloxin available in the US?

+1

Dysport (Reloxin in Europe), the alternative to Botox, has been available in the United States since April of 2009.  I've used it overseas since 2006 and teach other physicians on its use.  We're conducting a large study comparing the effects of Botox to Dysport, and preliminary results show Dysport has a quicker onset and may last longer in the crow's feet. 

Ramtin Kassir, NY/NJ facial plastic surgeon

Ramtin Kassir, MD

Dysport now available

+1

Dysport has been available for well over one year. I have been using Dysport on my patients with great satisfaction. I would highly recommend it to my patients.

Carlos Wolf, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport has been available for over a year

+1

Dysport is one of our most popular treatments.  We have been using is since early 2009 and have quite a following already.  It is a nice alternative to Botox.  We offer Botox and Dysport to our patients to find which will work better for them.

Dr. Parham Ganchi - NJ Plastic Surgeon

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Dysport is available now (and has been since 2009)

+1

It's the same as Reloxin--the company wasn't allowed to keep the Reloxin name (FDA issues), so the approval is under the name Dysport.  It works great, but there are some nuances between it and Botox, so look for someone who has been using it a lot. 

Carmen Kavali, MD

Dysport widely used in the US

+1

Dysport has been available in the US now for some time. It is currently widely used because the product has been priced aggressively to compete with Botox. These products are both neurotoxins but they are not the same. I use both but have found that Botox works better in the forehead as Dysport seems to spread more widely. Dysport might take effect faster but I find the duration of effect to be longer with Botox. These medications are not interchangeable and the amount of neurotoxin (units) required for a good result differs significantly between the two. Find an experienced facial plastic surgeon to perform your injections.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport available now

+1

I have been using Dysport for the previous year. Some patients who have had botox like it better and some prefer the botox better. I find it tends to have a faster onset but a slightly shorter lasting effect. In some patients where botox doesnt work, dysport has worked.

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dysport is available in the USA

+1

Dysport has been FDA approved since April 2009. It has been FDA approved for temporary improvement in the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults less than 65 years of age.