When Will Evolence Breeze Be Available in the USA for Lip Enhancement?

I've read alot about it being used in the UK and women loving it. It would be nice for a lip filler to last 12 months. Do you know if will be a smoother product than Juvederm Ultra Plus? Mine always seems to be a little lumpy.

DEFINITELY NOT

+1

I would not recommend evolence for the lips.  It is a porcine collegen that yes lasts longer. However, some of the advantages of restylane and juvederm are that they have an antidote to remove it if you don't like it. That option is not available for evolence. 

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Evolence Breeze Delayed

+1

Johnson and Johnson has stopped the marketing and manufacturing of Evolence. Until the product is purchased by another company, it is doubtful the FDA will approve Evolence Breeze in the foreseeable future.

Evolence itself was not intended for lip injection. I personally, am not sure whether Evolence will ever be approved for this use. The Collagen Corporation was reprimanded by the FDA for encouragement of collagen injections into the lips. Certainly, it might be used off label.

Since Juvederm does such a great job for lip enhancement, I am not sure why you would want Evolence Breeze anyway. They both have a similar duration and now with the addition of Xylcoaine in Juvederm XC, Juvederm injections should be less painful, similar to Zyderm and Cosmoderm.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Evolence will probably be available within three months to a year

+1
The company thinks that it will be approved within the year and possibly as early as three to six months from now. There is no guarantee of this. The FDA can always ask for more information, therefore delaying the release date. In the U.S. as compared to the U.K, Evolence Breeze will be indicated for finer lines than Evolence but it will not have an indication for lips. That doesn’t mean that a physician couldn’t use it legally, but off-label. The duration of any filler (except for silicone, which is a permanent filler with its own unique risks) is usually shorter in the lip than in other injected sites on the face. As I have not used it yet I can not determine what its longevity is.

Good question---Soon!

+1

Evolence was FDA approved in the summer of 2008, so it is reasonable to expect the Breeze version to be out soon. It all depends on the FDA. It is, indeed, an exciting option for natural and long-lasting lip enhancement. Hopefully, we will get it early in 2009.

The lumping you describe from Juvederm is likely the fault of the injector. Juvederm is an incredibly smooth product. It is the softest and most natural option for lip injections I have used so far, and I've been injecting lips since 1983. I have given lectures at AAD, ASDS, and Cosmetic Boot Camp entitled: "It's not the filler, it's the FILLER" to stress the importance of training and experience with injectable results. Please make sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who injects a lot of fillers, and preferably is a respected trainer and lecturer.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Evolence Breeze will be available in the next few months

+1

Isugirl,

Evolence Breeze should be available in the USA in the next few months. It will be a great filler for fine lines and wrinkles. I already feel that Evolence is smoother than Juvederm in many cases, so I am excited to start injecting Evolence Breeze which is even smoother. Just to clarify, my preference is Radiesse for the cheeks, Evolence for the nasolabial crease and fold, and either Juvederm or Evolence for the lips.

Juvederm is nice for giving clear definition to the vermilion border and turning up the corners of the mouth. Evolence is great for plumping up the lips, but remaining soft. Most patients end up getting a combination of all three fillers to achieve the best results. Good luck with your injections.

Web reference: http://www.RealPlasticSurgery.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.