When Can I Wear Big Sunglasses After Rhinoplasty?

It's been 3 months since I had my rhinoplasty. Can I wear my sunglasses now ? ( although there's a bump that is still showing on my nose, but my surgeon is saying that this bump on the bridge of my nose is due to the swelling)

Sunglasses After Rhinoplasty

+1
Since glasses put weight on the nose it's best to avoid wearing them while healing. However three months is probably enough time for your nose to recover and become strong enough to support the weight of the glasses. It's probably best to speak to your surgeon for their advice.

Wearing Sunglasses 3 moths after Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Mohammad,

Normally at 3 months post surgery, a patient should be able to wear sunglasses.

Nonetheless, your surgeon's advise is the best as it is based on a physical examination and complete knowledge of your surgery.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your question.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Sunglasses After Rhinoplasty

+1

While 3 months should be sufficient time to start weaing sunglasses, your surgeon understands the scope of the surgery and technique so you should consult with him/her.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Big Sunglasses 3 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

You should not have any problems wearing big sunglasses 3 months after a rhinoplasty. However, the only advice that counts is that of your surgeon.