When is It Ok to Walk on a Treadmill After TT?

I just had my two week follow up appt. I asked if I could walk on a treadmill, the Dr seemed annoyed with that question.....thinking I'm trying too hard too fast to get back in shape. He said absolutely NOT! A week ago he said it would be ok to walk around the block....why is one ok and not the other? Prior to this surgery I exercised 5days a week....I am getting tired of sitting/laying around....and I feel my energy will improve with exercise.

Walking for exercise after tummy tuck

+2

My personal recommendations for my patients is to slowly resume physical exercise starting with walking (treadmill or pavement) increasing amounts at three weeks. After 6 weeks I allow progressive exercising until unrestricted activities to tolerance.  Most important is to specifically follow your surgeon's advice as he is most familiar with you.

Exercising after Tummy Tuck

+2

I would recommend that you follow your surgeon's advice in regards to recovery and when it's a good idea to start exercising.  I can understand that it is difficult to not exercise, especially for someone who was so active prior to surgery, but allow your body to heal properly so that you can have the best result possible.

Be patient.

Best wishes!

Resuming exercise after a tummy tuck

+1

Even though each plastic surgeon has his/her own restrictions after a tummy tuck, I would go with what your plastic surgeon recommends.  I know it's tough sit around the house, but it will be worth it in the end!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS