When Can I Undergo Thermage to the Site (Abdomen), Once I Have Healed from Coolsculpting?

Thermage after CoolSculpting by Zeltiq

+2

Thermage in the majority of cases cause a shrinkage of skin. This is caused by "burning" of the collagen beneath the surface of the skin which causes it to tighten. I have used it throughout the body. It is a good adjunct to any liposuuction procedure, be it smart lipo, coolsculpting. I prefer to wait one to several months to allow the swelling and contraction from the liposuction procedures to occur. The more traumatic the liposuction, the longer I will usually wait. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting & Thermage: Wait time can vary

+2

While there are no scientific studies available yet on the use of Thermage (radiofrequency technology) on a treatment area after CoolSculpting by Zeltiq, we recommend waiting at least 30 days in our practice.  Some practices wait longer between procedures, some wait less.  There is no absolute yet in this arena.  However, we have definitely seen that the combination of both treatments can not only reduce fat but they can also tighten skin in the same region. Another viable option for skin tightening is the Alma Accent, which also uses radiofrequency but requires multiple office visits.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage after coolsculpting

+2

Coolsculpting by Zeltiq seems to be effective, but it takes 6 weeks to see the best results. (Loss of fat).

After 6 weks,  it may be reasonable to use Thermage, especially since you may have a little extra redundant skin after the Zeltiq procedure.

With the new handpiece, Thermage is a lot less painful than it used to be.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Fort Lauderdale Skin Tightening After Cool Sculpting

+2

There have been no controlled studies directly evaluating the use of skin tightening procedures following Cool Sculpting. Treatment with these procedures at any time period after would be at the discretion of the physician given the newness of the technology.

Will Richardson, MD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage after CoolSculpting

+1

I am not aware of any studies comparing a waiting period between CoolSculpting and Thermage.  Zeltiq's device, CoolSculpting freezes and kills the fat cells. The Thermage energy may or may not interfere with the body's inflammatory response utilized to get rid of the dead fat cells. Two to three months wait after Zeltiq before Thermage seems reasonable.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Thermage after Coolsculpting by Zeltiq

+1

Because the inflammation after Cool Sculpting occurs in the first 7-10 days and clearance of the fat cells takes place over the next 60 days, I would recommend waiting at least 60 days to see the effects from the first procedure before pursuing the next treatment.

Lori Stetler, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon