When is It Appropriate to Undergo Graft Removal Earlier Than 1 Year Post Op?

PS inserted cartilage in my columella to create more 'definition'. i did not want this, and wondering whether possibl to revise earlier than 1 yr? I am currently almost 3 months post op.. the columella has gotten less round, but doesn't seem to have 'shrunk upwards' any bit. i think if i wait too long, the graft is will 'incorporated' into the rest of the cartilage, and upon removal, the tip will lose too much support. at the moment it is probably not yet reliant on graft for support, true?

Tip support

+1

Not sure exactly what you are talking about because there are no pictures.  Be very careful to have the graft removed from the columella because you are going to regret that decision.  The issue comes down to what the reason was for the graft in the first place. Ask your surgeon.

Good luck

Dr. Vasisht- South Shore Plastic Surgery

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Remove graft in nose

+1

I would discuss this with your surgeon. the graft to the columella is there to support the tip area usually. If removed it may be a problem for the tip.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Removal of graft

+1

The grafts placed in the columella are there to provide tip support not definition. Without pictures, it's very difficult to know what it is you are talking about.In any case, you should wait close to 1 year before revision surgery.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon