Will I need the same technique for Tummy Tuck Revision as the first procedure?

If my original tummy tuck was done through the Belly Button, then will it be done through the belly button again? I have regained and lost weight since my first tummy tuck 10 years ago. Will I still have the same results with the same procedure, or will it depend on where I carry my weight now?

Revision Tummy Tuck

+1

It sounds like you had a mini tummy tuck with laprascopic tightening of the rectus muscles. It will depend on how much excess you have. If the excess skin is only below the belly button, you can have a mini tummy tuck again. If there is excess skin above the belly button, you will probably need a full tummy tuck. Pictures would be very helpful.

Revision Tummy Tuck

+1

It is very difficult to give you good advice as to the technique that will best improve your situation without a physical examination or photos.

The final results will depend on your starting point which may be different than it was 10 years ago.

The best thing to do is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options in detail after he/she examines you.

Tummy Tuck Revision through the Belly Button

+1

Photographs (front, side and side leaning over) would have been very helpful. From your description I am ASSUMING you had a Mini-Tummy Tuck with muscle tightening done from below (lower Tummy incision) and through the belly button. This is rarely done and is helpful for a VERY small number of mothers (a single pegnancy which resulted in minimal skin excess, all of it under the belly button AND a wide muscle separation above the belly button.

The revision required at this time would depend on
- your current skin excess and location (? above belly button or not)
- extent of tummy muscle stretch and separation.

With these answers one could recommend the best tummy revision for you.