When Treating Undereye Hollows, Are the Upper Cheeks the Best Place to Inject the Filler?

Hello, I had been getting restylane applied to my undereye hollows for seven years. Recently I had the procedure done by someone else and she told me my upper cheeks were the cause of the problem (I had a negative vector) and filled them instead w/perlane. She told me the filler should always be applied to the upper cheeks as restylane injected repeatedly into the undereye area would "age" the skin, and attract water. Is this true? The restylane worked much better; I want to keep getting it.

Filler in cheeks for under eye hollows

+1

When treating under eye hollows, injecting the mid-face cheek eyelid junction can help lift. This does not work on every patient and some patient’s injections are actually done under the eyelid skin to treat a hollow. Your facial architecture really determines the location and placement of the filler as well as the type of filler used such as Perlane, Juvederm or Radiesse.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cheek eyelid junction

+1

It really does depend on your anatomy. If you have flat cheeks and soft tissue, perlane in that region can help, but it will not completely address your tear trough hollows. Restylane applied deep [on top of bone] will address that more specifically. If you like what you've been doing, continue that same approach.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cheeky Filler

+1

In general, HA products are safe to use over time.  The orbit & cheek are often treated in concert for the longest lasting results.  Use your own judgment regarding the amount of filler that makes you the happiest!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon