When Can We Touch or Squeeze a Nose Which Undergone Open Rhinoplasty (Goretex)? (photo)

i'm quite concerned as to when can I touch or squeeze my nose after the surgery. The surgery was on December 21, 2012. My doctor used goretex for the implant. I'm not happy with the look of the tip but my doctor said I can appreciate the result within 1-2 months. :(

When Can Nose Be Squeezed or Touched After Gore-Tex Nasal Implant

+2

Hi Habbit,

It is best to not manipulate your nasal Goretex implant at anytime.  You increase your chances of infection and the possibility that the implant will have to be removed.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

When Can We Touch or Squeeze a Nose Which Undergone Open Rhinoplasty (Goretex)?

+2

If you were my patient I would recommend you not touch the nose. But since you are not best to ask your surgeon his/her opinion. 

Nasal implants and manipulation

+2

I would not be pushing on your nose for 2-3 weeks and then avoid glasses on your bridge for about 6 weeks.

+2

We do not allow our Rhinoplasty patients to touch or manipulate their nasal tip for at least 1 month from the time of surgery and then only after they are taught the proper techniques of nasal manual lymphatic drainage.  Improper manipulation of the nose can result in ruptured suture lines or dislocation of grafts causing nasal deformity.  You might want to call and ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for specific advice.

No undue pressure on the nose for 1-2 months

+1

In general, I instruct my patients not to put undue pressure on their noses for 1-2 months after the surgery. Listen to your surgeon as he knows exactly what was done and should know how you should take care your nose after the surgery.

Eric I. Choe, MD, FACS