When the Tip Starts to Slowly Go Down While Recovering from Open Rhinoplasty, Does the Columella Become Less Visible?

I had septo/rhino 8 days ago. I know that at day 8 it is early to judge but I'd like to ask a general question. My columella is slightly lower that my alar ends which wasn't the case before surgery-they were on the same level. I asked my ps not to lift my nose up-he agreed saying that my mouth/tip angle is perfect. Post-surgery he said that he lifted my tip v.lil & that it will go back down. I just want to know-when it goes down, is it possible that the columella will be less visible under it?

+1

As the tip goes down, the columella should become less visible.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA