When Will the Tip of my Nose Start to Drop?

I had closed septorhinoplasty 16 days ago to remove a hump on my bridge and to raise the tip of my nose slightly as it used to be very droopy. The bridge of my nose looks ok but the tip is way too high and looks very piggy. Nostrils look very small but pulled up at the tip. I am extremely worried that the tip will not fall enough for me to look presentable and normal again. My nose screams out 'plastic' and I'm feeling extremely depressed. When will I expect it to start falling?

Its still early and your nasal tip will change over the next few weeks/months

+1

Thank you for the question.  Every rhinoplasty technique has its own process of healing.  Your plastic surgeon will be the best to guide you through this process.  With that said, there is little doubt that you will see additional changes in the coming weeks.

Dr. Remus Repta

Nose Dropping after Closed Septorhinoplasty

+1

To some degree the amount a tip will drop will be technique dependent, and only your surgeon can realistically assess this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

When will the tip of my nose start to drop?

+1

In general, the tip will drop down to its final position close to the two week point following surgery. It may take longer depending on the patient and what was performed during surgery. It is important to be patient, as the healing process will take some time. I would recommend communicating any post-operative concerns to your surgeon, as he/she knows the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and good luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Over-rotated tip

+1

It is generally at this time that the nasal tip starts to drop. Ask your surgeon if it is ok to massage the nose in a downward fashion, as this may help to bring the tip down if there were no cartilage grafts placed to rotate the tip. 

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

It's difficult to say when the tip will undergo some downward rotation without knowing what was done to the nasal tip during your Rhinoplasty.  Even at 16 days post op, the tip should not be over-rotated outside the aesthetic ideals which are no more than 110-115 degrees.  

Very piggy tip - when it will fall right - 16 days post operative

+1

Thanks for the question. At 16 days all patients are concerned with the results even though all PS will inform their patients that some kind of reasonable results will start appearing 3 months after surgery and nose will continue to change toward better for one year or more. I therefore think that you need to relax at present and see yourself less in the mirror and divert your attention away from the nose. Its simple to suggest but hard to practice. At 3 months try to post your images and get a reaction from different PS.I am sure you will be fine if its piggy now it will not be dropped ever which is the most common part of bad result after this surgery.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon