When Will Be the Best Time to Get a Real Face Lift After Going Througth the Fake Lyfestyle Lift?

I had a 0 result lifestyle lift on october 2011 I still have my sagging jawls and depper laugh lines and older looking due to to the remove of the fat on my face, plus the ugly scars around my ears and chin and a lump on my neck. I wish I went to a real competent doctor in the begining but I did not and now I considering it. When it will be the right time to do it without risking anything else?

+3

Photos, of your face and neck would help with the evaluation.  Any type of Face Lift, IMHO must have the following characteristics to be effective.

1. Follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.  This is the key to prevent the dreaded wind swept or joker look.
  2. Some type of incision must be placed contouring around the front of the ear to enable removal of excess skin.
  3. The SMAS layer must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and sewn back together and not merely sutured or folded upon itself as these won't hold IMO.
  4. The Cheek area, of the face must be shaped removing excess fatty tissues and through aesthetic application of cheek augmentation techniques using fillers or cheek implants.
  5. The neck can be addressed by removing excess fat and skin with a technique appropriate for the amount of aging present.

Anytime 6 months after the previous lift should be sufficient to have a Revision Face Lift that incorporates the steps outlined above. 

It is reasonable to revise your "Lifestyle Lift" at 6-12 months. The bad scarring can typically be improved.

+3

First off, it is unfortunate to hear that your Lifestyle Lift did not provide the results you were seeking. With that said, it is reasonable to revise your mini facelift at 6-12 months. During your revision or secondary facelift procedure the old, unsightly scars can be removed and repositioned, in most cases. Fortunately, you will be better prepared to ask the right questions and find a competent, experienced and board certified plastic surgeon to perform your revision. Seek a Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon who has alot of experience with facelift surgery who feels confident in improving the specific issues that still concern you. Lastly, look at photos and make sure the results are pleasing to your eye and natural appearing.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am so sorry that you are disappointed with the results of your surgery.

+3

A lifestyle facelift is a real facelift.  However, it is not as customized as the facelifts are that are performed by the top facelift surgeons.  In particular, the work I have seen seems to lack detailed tailoring including around the ears.  I am the first to admit that I see a certain segment of individuals after surgery-individuals with issues.  There is probably a large range of satisfactions with this procedure.  It is just that I see individuals with issues.  In terms of when you can have a revision performed, generally 6 to 12 months is a good time frame.  If you had minimal results, it is very likely that the scars along the edges of the ears can be revised and improved at the time of revisional surgery.  Do your home work and try to find a well regarded facelift surgeon who is close to home so that it is easy to travel for post-operative care.

When to undergo revision facelift

+2

It is best to wait at least 6 months to a year before undergoing any facelift-type procedure to allow full healing and relaxation of the skin.  Presence of some excess skin on the face is necessary to perform scar revisions around the ears without making the patient look pulled, tight, and wind tunneled afterwards.  Any fat lumps in the neck can be addressed through the lower face/neck lift, which will create a new jaw and neckline.

Disappointed with my lifestyle lift

+2

I advise patients who consult with me for a revision facelift wait at least 9-12 months before a revision is done. Without seeing pictures it is difficult to determine exactly what needs to be done. In my experience doing revision facelifts for dissatisfied lifestyle lift patients they typically need a complete revision with proper incision placement, proper management of the SMAS, proper management of the platysma, and proper lipocontouring. I would consult with at least two qualified and experienced surgeons to determine exactly what is needed to give you your best result.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Problems after Lifestyle Lift

+2

I'm sorry you had an unfortunate experience with your lifestyle facelift. You will need a complete facelift to remove the scars and improve the contour of your jawline. After waiting another 3-4 months a board certified surgeon can do a revision lift so you can achieve the desired results.

Having a face lift after a bad one

+2

You should be able to have a proper face lift now.

• A true fake face life didn't lift your facial tissues. There is no need to wait for healing.
  • You had your surgery almost six months ago. That is usually enough time for scars to softer
  • You must see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. I suggest several opinions.

Once you find the right surgeon - take her/his advice. If it's waiting longer, then wait!

Best wishes!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Revision of facelift

+2

Without photographs, it is hard to advise other than in generalities. 6-12 months is usually sufficient to reoperate on a facelift type of procedure.. However, certain unfavorable scarring might have to wait for more aging to take place in order to reposition the scars.  You really have to be examined in person by an experienced surgeon at the earliest convenient time for you. Get more than one opinion.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

REVISION

+2

In general, it takes about 1 year for scars to mature after any surgery. The surgery that you had has the obvious external incision scars, and also internal scars from the surgical dissection.

Therefore I would probably wait closer to 1 year unless there was some other issue that may require you to address your concern prior to this time table.

William Loutfy, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Bad results with lifestyle lift.

+2

You will need a normal facelift with inclusion of the neck and not a mini lift of whatever type. This should give you much more improvement which is why experienced surgeons do a facellift that includes both the face and neck.