When Can I Take off the Tape from Lollipop Lift and Implants?

i had my surgery july 19th and i left the tape on. I got my boobs done in a different country so i cant really see my doc in person. Is it time for me to take the tape off? or is it better to leave it on as long as possible? should i put cream on it after or more tape? or nothing?

Suture Line Aftercare when Surgeon out of Country?

+1

Even though your surgery was done in another country, you will be best off running these type of questions by your plastic surgeon (via e-mail or phone).  You will find that every plastic surgeon has a different preference/protocol in regards to postoperative care.  You will likely get multiple different responses online…

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Surgical Tape Removal After Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

Unless specific instructions were given to you by your plastic surgeon, I would remove and replace the tapes now to make sure the wounds are healing well.   My breast surgery patients continue to wear surgical tapes (Steri-Strips® or butterfly bandages) for at least a month after breast surgery to help support the scars.  After the tapes are removed, they them begin using a silicone scar gel. 

It would be a good idea to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to follow you postoperatively.  Good luck and enjoy the rest of the summer!

+1

At this time there is no reason not to remove the tapes. They are no longer serving their function. As long as the incisions are healing normally, no treatment is needed. 

Thanks, and best wishes.

Hello

+1

Usually in our practice we live suture in for 3 weeks after surgery. I believe since your surgery was in July that you would be safe to remove the sterile strips without problem. Obviously without an exam it’s hard to be exact.